Holiday volunteer opportunity in Bagan
Are you a fluent English speaker heading to Bagan for your holiday?
Sanon Training Restaurant, a social enterprise helping Myanmar youth, has started an English volunteer project where fluent English speaking visitors can interact with students.
As part of their twelve month hospitality course, Sanon students study English and this is an extra opportunity for them to practice listening and speaking. So in between visiting pagodas why not take a break and head to Sanon which is based in Nyaung-U.
The restaurant is also a great place to have a coffee, a cocktail or a tasty meal.
The best part of visiting Sanon is knowing you’ve contributed to a Myanmar student’s learning journey and that any money you've spent will be used to support local youth.
If you are interested email before you arrive or pop into the restaurant to book in a time and day.
Holiday English Volunteering runs between 2-4pm most days and you will be required to complete some simple paperwork.
Sous Chef - Bagan
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Sous Chef for our social enterprise in Nyaung U. You will be given the opportunity to increase the team’s skills and knowledge while playing an integral role in supporting Myanmar youth.
As Sous Chef you will be expected to:
- Have experience in all aspects of kitchen production, management of stores and equipment and delivery of high quality food to customers.
- Help the Head Chef to train kitchen staff and students on the preparation and presentation of dishes in line with the Sanon policies and procedures.
Must also have:
- • Be a team player with a positive, flexible can-do attitude
- • Basic computer skills (word & excel)
- • Good hospitality English - verbal and written communication skills
- • Myanmar citizenship